Hahn & Hahn LLP's Business Department provides legal counsel and services in all of the principal substantive areas of business and commercial law, representing clients throughout the life cycle of a business, from start-up to sale.
In addition to serving individuals, family-owned businesses and larger entities, the firm's business lawyers also serve as general or special counsel to companies in a wide range of industries.
The firm offers experience and expertise in the following:
- Business Formation and Entity Selection
- Corporate Governance and Operations
- Company Policies and Procedures
- Charitable and Non-Profit Organizations
- Finance (Private and Institutional)
- Acquisition, Merger and Sale
- Employment Agreements and Advice
- Non-disclosure, Confidentiality and Non-Compete
- Risk Management
- Commercial Transactions
- Tax Strategy and Analysis
- Succession Planning
Lawyers in Hahn & Hahn LLP's business group include a Certified Public Accountant, and Specialist in Taxation as certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Lawyers who have achieved certification as a Specialist have demonstrated a high level of skill and experience in their field, commitment to education, and the earned respect of their peers and judges familiar with their work.
Hahn & Hahn LLP's employment lawyers advise employers with respect to policies and practices aimed to promote a healthy workplace environmental, ensure compliance with state and federal law, and avert potential issues in employee relations and disputes.
When employment and labor issues do arise, the firm's employment lawyers and litigators defend employers and employees in private settlements, before public agencies and, when necessary, in court.
The firm's scope of services involves the following employment related matters:
- Preventative Counseling and Training for Employers
- Personnel Practices, Hiring and Termination Procedures
- Employee Handbooks and Company Policies
- Employment Contracts and Non-Compete Agreements
- Unfair Competition and Protection of Trade Secrets
- Benefits, Salary, Wage and Hour Issues
- Labor Relations and Disputes
- Workplace Discrimination, Retaliation and Harassment
- Wrongful Termination
The firm represents clients in all aspects of family law, including marital dissolution and complex divorce issues, community and separate property characterization and division, spousal and child support, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and marital settlement agreements.
Hahn & Hahn LLP's family law group includes lawyers certified as Specialists in Family Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Lawyers who have achieved certification as a Specialist have demonstrated a high level of skill and experience in their field, commitment to education, and the earned respect of their peers and judges familiar with their work.
Hahn & Hahn LLP's Litigation Department regularly counsels clients in the resolution of disputes. When disputes remain unresolved, our experienced lawyers are prepared to bring and defend claims before all state and federal courts and administrative agencies, at both the trial and appellate levels.
Our litigation team handles general and complex civil matters in a wide range of areas, including the following:
- Business and Commercial Disputes
- Breach of Contract
- Construction Defects
- Eminent Domain
- Environmental Issues
- Real Property and Land Use
- Landlord / Tenant Disputes
- Torts Claims
- Personal Injury
- Professional Malpractice
- Tax Assessment, Collections and Appeals
- Labor and Employment Claims
Hahn & Hahn LLP's clients include public and private owners of real property, real estate developers, design professionals, general contractors, property managers, landlords and tenants.
The firm's real estate practice group provides comprehensive legal services in the following areas:
- Purchase and Sale of Real Estate Assets
- Title Review and Title Insurance
- Leasing and Asset Management
- Landlord / Tenant Matters
- Secured Lending involving Real Property
- Acquisition, Construction and Permanent Financing Investment Vehicle Structuring and Private Placements
- Real Estate Development and Land Use
- Construction and Design
- Common Interest Communities and Owner's Associations
- Tax Strategy, Assessment and Appeal
Lawyers in Hahn & Hahn LLP's real estate group include a Certified Public Accountant, and Specialist in Taxation as certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Lawyers who have achieved certification as a Specialist have demonstrated a high level of skill and experience in their field, commitment to education, and the earned respect of their peers and judges familiar with their work.
Hahn & Hahn LLP's Trusts & Estates practice has been widely known throughout Southern California for over 100 years, and continues to maintain its strong regional presence.
Our lawyers are exceptionally skilled in handling all aspects of planning, administration and dispute resolution relating to trusts and estates, including managing fiduciary relationships and devising plans involving significant portfolios and complex divestment structures.
The firm's estate planning services generally involve:
- Drafting of Wills and Trust Instruments
- Preservation and Accumulation of Wealth
- Liquidity and Divestment Structures
- Generational Transfer of Wealth
- Gifts and Charitable Giving
- Marital and Separate Property Issues
- Family Business Succession
- Duties of Fiduciaries, Trustees and Executors
- Conservatorship Estates and Special Needs Trusts
- Advanced Health Care Directives
- Transfers of Real and Personal Property
- Formation and Funding of Family Entities
- Tax Planning, Strategy and Analysis
- Probate and Trust Administration
Lawyers in Hahn & Hahn LLP's trusts and estates group include a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law and a Specialist in Taxation, as certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, as well as a Certified Public Accountant. Lawyers who have achieved certification by the State Bar as a Specialist have demonstrated a high level of skill and experience in their field, commitment to education, and the earned respect of their peers and judges familiar with their work.
Hahn & Hahn LLP's Trusts & Estates practice extends beyond planning, and the firm's lawyers are widely published and recognized for their specialized experience and expertise in probate and trust litigation.
The firm represents individual and corporate fiduciaries, beneficiaries, creditors, conservators and guardians in a range of contested matters and claims, including:
- Will and Trust Contests
- Disputes involving interpretation of complex estate plans
- Disputes in Probate and Trust Administration
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims and Ethical Concerns
- Undue Influence and Elder Financial Abuse Claims
- Business and Asset Valuation Disputes
- Contested Conservatorships
- Tax Assessments and Appeals
Hahn & Hahn LLP's real estate practice group includes lawyers with considerable experience focused in the areas of land use and environmental matters. The lawyers practicing in these specialized areas offer our clients the benefit of their years of experience working with city and local governmental agencies, staff and decision-makers in matters involving:
- Land Use Planning, Consulting, and Entitlements
- General Plan, Zoning, Ordinances and Map Act
- Development Agreements
- Conditional Use, Permits and Variances
- Easements and Dedications
- Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions
- Title Review
- Environmental Assessments for Acquisition
- Phase I and II Investigations
- Remediation Arrangements
- Cost Recovery for Contamination Cleanup
- Advocacy before Councils, Boards and Commissions
What we do
Hahn & Hahn LLP represents individuals, families, public and private corporations and other business, non-profit and municipal entities in a broad range of matters, including general business and tax advice, corporate and partnership counseling, municipal law, private and public finance, real property and land use matters, environmental compliance, labor and employment law, estate planning, trust and probate matters, family law, commercial transactions, as well as civil and complex litigation before all state and federal courts.
The firm's practice areas are generally grouped under the following departments: Business, Litigation, and Trusts & Estates.